Louisville Sports Commission Press Releases
March 20, 2014
The 66th National Wheelchair Basketball Association (NWBA) National Tournament will be held in Louisville, Ky., April 4-6. This is the second time Louisville has hosted the NWBA sporting event, in which more than 1,000 athletes and 300 coaches representing 82 teams from across the country will compete.
Divisions competing include Championship Division, Division III, Junior Prep Division and Junior 10’ Division (NIT and Varsity). The Championship Division and Division III consist of adults, including co-ed teams. The Junior 10’ Division (NIT and Varsity) features high school and middle school athletes, and Junior Prep Division features middle school and grade school athletes.
May 16, 2014
March 5, 2014 – Louisville, Ky. – The Louisville Sports Commission announced the kick-off of its 2014 Louisville Insiders membership program, which provides members with benefits including “inside access” to Louisville’s sports world.
The 2014 calendar of events includes the following:
- March 26: Behind the scenes tour of KFC Yum! Center that includes view from the arena floor, practice basketball court, media center, bunker suites and more
- April: Backside track tour at Churchill Downs prior to Derby
- July: Louisville Bats batting practice / special Louisville Insiders seating at home game
- September: Behind the scenes tour of new Dr. Mark & Cindy Lynn Soccer Stadium
- November/December: Louisville Sports Commission Annual Breakfast
Other membership benefits include:
- Special drawing for two tickets to the Louisville Legends Open VIP private reception
- Special drawing for two tickets to the 2015 Paul Hornung Award Banquet
- Ten percent discount off the price of any Louisville Sports Commission-owned event including its Fall Runathon
- Volunteer opportunities in select positions at high profile sports events such as the Louisville Ironman
Membership costs are $100 annually. Funds raised support the Louisville Sports Commission’s commitment to attract, host and create quality sports events in the Louisville area that enhance the quality of life for our citizens and brand our community as one of the best cities in the U.S. for sports.
May 16, 2014
Louisville, KY – February 19, 2014 – For the sports fan who enjoys year-round sporting events, the Louisville Sports Commission has just the ticket – its annual “Golden Ticket” raffle.
This year’s Golden Ticket winner will receive two tickets to each 2014-15 regular season home football and basketball game for the major university in either Louisville or Lexington, winner’s choice. The winner will also receive two tickets to the following:
May 19, 2014
Louisville, Ky. – December 16, 2013 – Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) Boys Basketball President Henry Forrest and Louisville Sports Commission Executive Director Karl Schmitt announced today that the AAU has awarded its high school boys grades 10 through 12 Division I National Championships and Gold Super Showcases – the elite AAU competition – to Louisville, Ky., for three years starting in 2014. The AAU Boys Basketball events will be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC).