Winners Announced for Louisville Pure Tap™ 5K
Louisville, Ky. – Sept. 11, 2021 – With nearly 600 registered participants, the annual Louisville Pure Tap™ 5K went off this morning under perfect running conditions at race start. The race was back for its 10th year, after being cancelled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Race participants started and finished at the Louisville Water Tower Park, home of Louisville’s award-winning drinking water, and followed a course that ran east and west on River Road.
Jared Reckard of Louisville, Ky., won the men’s division in a time of 14:58.94, ahead of second-place finisher David Grieshaber of Louisville, Ky., who clocked a time of 15:22.65. Katherine McClain of LaGrange, Ky. won the women’s division in 18:11.53, beating Skyler Goodman of Ft. Knox, Ky., who finished in 18:28.67.
The top finishers in the 2021 Louisville Pure Tap™ 5K:
• First Place: Jared Reckard of Louisville, Ky. with a time of 14:58.94
• Second Place: David Grieshaber of Louisville, Ky., with a time of 15:22.65
• Third Place: Ali Faraji-Tajrishi of Louisville, Ky., with a time of 15:49.87
• First Place: Katherine McClain of LaGrange, Ky., with a time of 18:11.53
• Second Place: Skyler Goodman of Ft. Knox, Ky., with a time of 18:28.67
• Third Place: Sara Mahoney of Louisville, Ky., with a time of 19:06.30
Complete race results can be found by logging onto puretap5K.com.
Contributing sponsors of the 2021 Louisville Pure Tap™ 5K are: Louisville Water Company, Baptist Health Sports Medicine, Alpha Media / B96.5, Powerade, Fleet Feet Louisville and Sternberg Truck Rental.
Race support was provided by Louisville Water Company and Baptist Health Sports Medicine.
The Louisville Pure Tap™ 5K is the first race of the Louisville Sports Commission Fall Runathon, a series of three fall running races that provides unique courses and quality experiences for runners and walkers. Following the Louisville Pure Tap™ 5K is the Norton Sports Health 10K, set to take place on Oct. 2 in the Parklands of Floyds Fork. The Fall Runathon concludes with the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam® on Oct. 16. To register or for more information, log on to FallRunathon.com.