Winners Announced for Louisville pure tap® 5K
Louisville, Ky. – September 7, 2019 – With more than 1,000 registered participants, the ninth annual Louisville pure tap® 5K went off this morning under perfect running conditions at race start. Race participants started and finished at the Louisville Water Tower, home of Louisville’s drinking water, and followed a course that ran east and west on River Road.
Logan Barrett of Louisville, Ky., won the men’s division in a time of 15:09.09, ahead of second-place finisher David Grieshaber of Louisville, Ky., who clocked a time of 15:29.87. Flannery Musk of Louisville, Ky. won the women’s division in 17:48.69, beating Alissa Bennett of Memphis, Ind., who finished in 18:26.98.
The top finishers in the 2019 Louisville pure tap® 5K:
• First Place: Logan Barrett, of Louisville, Ky. with a time of 15:09.09
• Second Place: David Grieshaber of Louisville, Ky., with a time of 15:29.87
• Third Place: Isaak Haas of Louisville, Ky., with a time of 15:30.81
• First Place: Flannery Musk, of Louisville, Ky., with a time of 17:48.69
• Second Place: Alissa Bennett, of Memphis, Ind., with a time of 18:26.98
• Third Place: Stephanie Hankins of Louisville, Ky., with a time of 18:39.87
Complete race results can be found by clicking HERE.
Contributing sponsors of the 2019 Louisville pure tap® 5K are: Louisville Water Company, Baptist Health Sports Medicine, Alpha Media / B96.5, Bandy Carroll Hellige, Body Armor, Dean’s Milk, Fleet Feet Louisville and Sternberg Truck Rental.
Race support was provided by Louisville Water Company and Baptist Health Sports Medicine.
The Louisville pure tap® 5k is the first race of the Louisville Sports Commission Fall Runathon, a series of three fall running races that provides unique courses and quality experiences for runners and walkers. Following the Louisville pure tap® 5k is the Norton Sports Health 10k, set to take place on Sept. 21 in the Parklands of Floyds Fork. The Fall Runathon concludes with the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam® on Oc. 19, which starts and finishes in downtown Louisville. To register, or for more information, log on to FallRunathon.com.