Louisville is sports-savvy. After 148 Kentucky Derbys, embracing events is part of our culture. We have quality facilities, abundant hotels, and we’re only one-day’s drive from 60 percent of the U.S. population. Louisville is affordable, family-friendly, drivable, walkable and has great restaurants, clubs, and attractions. We work hard to ensure your event is a success.
Bring your sporting event to Louisville, we’ll help you celebrate success. We do it on a regular basis. We have the infrastructure, experience, expertise, and can-do attitude to help you achieve your goals. With the Kentucky Derby being the oldest, continuously run sporting event in America – begun in 1875 – we’ve been in the sports event business longer than any city in the U.S. And hosting sporting events is what Louisville does best. We have a passion that fuels success for our events. If there’s one thing that our experience has taught us, it’s that sports can entertain. They can engage. And most importantly to us and our city, they can be used to promote active lifestyles.
We are just as committed to providing an outstanding experience for national governing bodies of sport and event rights holders, fans, media and attendees. Let us show you how choosing Louisville as your host site is the first step in assuring a successful event.
Louisville Indoor Games
Registration is now open for the Louisville Indoor Games, an indoor track and field event open to high school athletes. The event will be held on Feb. 4, 2023, at the Norton Healthcare Sports & Learning Center. For more information, click here
- Applications Now Being Accepted for 2023 Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame
- USA Gymnastics Winter Cup, Nastia Liukin Cup and Elite Team Cup headed to Louisville in 2023
- Place Kicker Matt Ruffalo Earns 12th Annual Howard Schnellenberger MVP Award
- Sports Travel Industry Veteran David Patrone Joins Louisville Sports Commission
- More Than 2,400 Athletes Compete in 21st Annual Live in Lou Cross Country Classic