Louisville Sports Commission Golden Ticket Winner Drawn on WHAS11 News
Louisville, Ky. – May 2, 2023 – Tracy Desmarais is the winner of the Louisville Sports Commission’s 13th annual Golden Ticket raffle. Jim Stratman, WHAS 11 News anchor, drew Desmarais’ ticket this morning from the backside of Churchill Downs.
Desmarais purchased one of 350 available raffle tickets for $100 and won the Golden Ticket grand prize, which consists of two tickets to each of the following sporting events:
- 2023 Kentucky Oaks
- 2023 Kentucky Derby
- 2023 Louisville Bats home games
- 2023 Winner’s choice of Louisville City FC or Racing Louisville FC home games
- 2023 Winner’s choice of all regular season football and basketball home games for either the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky
- 2023 Regular season home games for the University of Louisville women’s basketball
- 2024 Paul Hornung Award Banquet
“It was such a great surprise to learn that my name had been drawn for the Golden Ticket,” Tracy Desmarais said. “I am a lifelong sports fan and look forward to enjoying all of these great sports events with family and friends. It’s going to be an exciting year.”
“Tracy is in for an exciting year. She can expect to have a fabulous time attending all of these phenomenal events,” said Greg Fante, president and CEO of the Louisville Sports Commission. “With the wide variety of sports represented in the Golden Ticket raffle, she has definitely won the ultimate sports package.”
The raffle was conducted by the Louisville Sports Commission. The Louisville Sports Commission is a non-profit and will use 100 percent of the proceeds from ticket purchases to fund the Sports Commission’s youth sports initiatives.