Louisville Sports Commission Announces New Board Members
Louisville, Ky. – June 20, 2023 – At its annual meeting, the Louisville Sports Commission (LSC) board of directors unanimously approved a slate of officers, committee chairs, and new and re-elected board members for its fiscal year 2024, which begins July 1, 2023. Officers and committee chairs were elected to a one-year term; board members were elected to a three-year term.
Leigh Ann Barney, president of Trilogy Health Services, was elected chairman of the board; William E. Summers V, senior vice president, chief community development officer of Republic Bank, vice-chair; Dr. Steve Hester, division president provider operations and chief medical officer of Norton Healthcare, treasurer; Sheila Hiestand, partner at McCoy & Hiestand PLC, secretary; and Philip S. Poindexter, president of Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co., immediate past chair.
“I appreciate the willingness of such a strong group of community leaders to step up to provide the Sports Commission with oversight and guidance,” said LSC President & CEO Greg Fante. “As CEO, I’m thankful for the continuity and organized leadership demonstrated by long-time board members, and look forward to welcoming our new board members.”
New members elected to the LSC board for three-year terms are:
- Brian Clinard, Spalding University
- Kelley Dearing-Smith, Louisville Water Co.
- Jerry Eaves, Simmons College
- Jean Lee Scott, PNC Bank
- Scott Wiegandt, Bellarmine University
- Jay Warren, LG&E / KU
“We are honored to welcome such a talented and diverse group of local business and community leaders to our board,” said Fante. “Their expertise will quickly add value to the Sports Commission’s focus on promoting active lifestyles and enhancing economic vitality in our community by attracting, creating and hosting sporting events and activities.”
Board members re-elected to a second three-year term are:
- Carol Bond, Paducah Bank
- Chris Metzger, Coca-Cola Consolidated
The following were elected to serve a one-year term on the LSC’s Executive Committee:
- Leigh Ann Barney, Trilogy Health Services
- David S. Beck, Kentucky Venues
- Doug Bennett, Louisville Tourism
- Derek Bland, HJI Supply Chain Solutions
- Amy Calabrese, University of Louisville
- Eric Granger, ASM Global – Louisville
- Steve Hester, Norton Healthcare
- Sheila Hiestand, McCoy & Hiestand PLC
- David James, Louisville Metro
- April LaFramboise, Team Travel Source
- Phil Poindexter, Stock Yards Bank & Trust
- Scott Shoenberger, Al J. Schneider Co.
- William Summers V, Republic Bank
The following were elected to serve a one-year term as standing committee chairs:
- Executive Committee: Leigh Ann Barney, Trilogy Health Services
- Finance Committee: Steve Hester, Norton Healthcare
- Nominating Committee: Phil Poindexter, Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co.
- Bids and Events Committee: Eric Granger, ASM Global – Louisville
- Strategic Planning Committee: Derek Bland, HJI Supply Chain Solutions
To see the full list of board members, go to http://louisvillesports.org/board-of-directors/