Director of Event Operations
The Director of Event Operations reports to the Louisville Sports Commission President & CEO. This position supports the creation, organization and execution of client events and LSC owned and operated events and activities. The Director of Event Operations serves as the organization’s primary liaison between rights holders and local agencies, facility operators and other entities that impact the success of an event. This position also provides procurement and budgetary operations aspects of events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and maintain event operations manuals for all LSC owned and operated events.
• Oversee volunteer program for LSC owned and operated events, and hosted events, as needed.
• Assist with all facility needs assessments, facility contracts and facility rentals.
• Work with staff to facilitate intern recruitment.
• Coach and manage event operations intern(s).
• Procure, maintain, organize, inventory and lease operation’s event equipment.
• Liaise with event rights holders and local entities such as government agencies, police, parks, facilities, equipment suppliers, universities, etc.
• Supervise on-site event management activities.
• Analyze event needs, develop event organizational charges / spreadsheets and event timelines.
• Support logistics for all hosted events.
• Permit / contract venues necessary for competition, practice, meetings and social functions.
• Order and confirm in writing equipment and supplies necessary to ensure success of events.
• Manage placement of all sponsor-related collateral (i.e. banners, signs, placards, swag, cards) at LSC affiliated events.
• Oversee organizational event insurance policies when applicable.
• Help assess risk of owned and operated events; develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
• Assist with the development of owned and operated event and corporate budgets.
• Assist in the creation and oversight of event rights holders’ budgets, when applicable.
• Manage event-specific vendor contracts, check requests and invoices.
SALES/BID OPPORTUNITIES (From an event operations point of view):
• Assist in research of potential bid opportunities and in event bid development.
• Assist with facility contacts and venue tour arrangements for site visits.
• Assist with assembling materials for event bids.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years’ sports event operation experience.
- Three years’ supervisory/managerial experience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to work well independently while also being a team player.
- Ability to work within timeframe of standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive up to 26’ box trucks.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
TO APPLY: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org